Teams of Use
Last Updated: July 2, 2017
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
The communications between you and us via the Site use electronic means, whether you visit the Site or send us an email, or whether we post notices on the Site or communicate with you via email. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
Electronic Communications - The communications between you and us via the Site use electronic means, whether you visit the Site or send us an email, or whether we post notices on the Site or communicate with you via email. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
USE OF THE SITE AND SERVICES
By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to:
- • use the Sites and Services in any manner that violates any relevant law or that infringes, misappropriates or violates any third party’s rights, including, but not limited to, transmitting any Content that may infringe, misappropriate or violate a third party’s rights of publicity, contractual rights, fiduciary rights or intellectual property rights;
- • reproduce, duplicate, copy, modify, sell, re-sell or exploit any Content or the Sites and Services for any commercial, educational, or any other non-personal purpose or any for any purpose unrelated to your personal purchasing decisions, without the express written consent of Burden to Bear, which consent may be withheld by Burden to Bear in our sole discretion;
- • post irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Sites and Services or any activities conducted on the Sites and Services;
- • harass, threaten, intimidate, impersonate, or attempt to impersonate, any other person, falsify your contact or other information, misrepresent a relationship with any person or entity, including misrepresenting a relationship with Burden to Bear, or otherwise attempt to mislead others as to the identity of the sender or the origin of a review or rating;
- • knowingly provide or submit false or misleading information;
- • use the Sites and Services if you are under the age of eighteen (18);
- • take any action that would undermine the review and rating process under the Sites and Services;
- • attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Sites and Services, other user accounts, or other computer systems or networks connected to the Sites and Services;
- • use the Sites and Services in any way that could interfere with the rights of Burden to Bear’s or the rights of other users of the Sites and Services;
- • attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion or feature of the Sites and Services, or any other systems or networks connected to the Sites and Services or to any server used by Burden to Bear by hacking, password ‘mining’ or any other illegitimate or unauthorized means, including attempting to obtain password, account, or any other personal or private information from any other Sites and Services user;
- • transmit or submit any transmission or other materials that are encrypted or that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, spiders, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that is likely or intended to damage, interfere with, disrupt, impair, disable or otherwise overburden the Sites and Services;
- • access, download, monitor, or copy any information contained on our Sites and Services through artificial means (including but not limited to use any ‘deep-link’, ‘scraper’, ‘robot’, ‘spider’ or other automatic device, program, algorithm or methodology, or any similar or equivalent automatic or manual process, or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of the Sites and Services or any content, to obtain or attempt to obtain any Content, materials, documents or information through any means not purposely made available through the Sites and Services; or
- • probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Sites and Services or any network connected to the Sites and Services, nor breach the security or authentication measures on or of the Sites and Services or any network connected to the Sites and Services. You may not reverse look-up, trace or seek to trace any information on any other user of the Sites and Services, or any other customer of Burden to Bear, including any Burden to Bear account not owned by you, to its source, or exploit the Sites and Services or any service or information made available or offered by or through the Sites and Services, in any way where the purpose is to reveal any information, including but not limited to personal identification or information other than your own information, except as expressly authorized by Burden to Bear and provided for by the Sites and Services.
BURDEN TO BEAR SERVICES
As a condition of submitting any Content or other materials to the Sites or Services, you agree that:
- you grant to Burden to Bear a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, nonexclusive, transferable, and sublicensable license to use, reproduce, copy, adapt, modify, merge, distribute, publicly display, create derivative works from, incorporate such Content into other works;
- you grant to Burden to Bear all rights necessary to publish or refrain from publishing your name and address in connection with your Content; sublicense through multiple tiers the Content, and acknowledge that this license cannot be terminated by you once your Content is submitted to the Sites and Services;
- you grant to Burden to Bear all rights necessary to prohibit the subsequent aggregation, display, copying, duplication, reproduction, distribution, or exploitation of your Content by any other party;
- your name and report information may be made available to the public and to the Service Providers on which you report;
- you are solely responsible for your reviews and ratings;
- Burden to Bear may, in its sole discretion, choose to remove or not to remove reviews and ratings once published;
- you will not submit any reviews that may be considered by Burden to Bear to be infringing, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, obscene, profane, hateful, offensive, harmful, vulgar, distasteful, defamatory, or otherwise violates any relevant law or right of any other party, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- all of your reviews and ratings will either be based upon (i) your actual first-hand experiences with the Service Providers you are reviewing or (ii) as provided below, an individual and that individual’s actual first-hand experience with a health care or wellness provider whereby you have the legal authority to disclose such health information and experience of such individual;
- all of your reviews and ratings of the Service Providers that you are rating will be accurate, honest, truthful, and complete in all respects;
- you do not work for, own any interest in or serve on the board of directors of, any of the Service Providers for which you submit reviews and ratings; you are not in any way related (by blood, adoption or marriage, if the Service Provider is an individual) to any of the Service Providers for which you submit reviews or ratings;
- you have not received any form of compensation to post reviews and ratings;
- you will submit thorough and thoughtful reviews of the Service Providers you review (for example, submitting a review describing a service contractor as “He/She is great.” Without additional commentary is not a thorough and thoughtful review);
- you will not submit reviews that comment on other users or the reviews of other users;
- you will not submit reviews with hyperlinks; or
- the reviews and ratings that you provide do not reflect the views of Burden to Bear, its officers, managers, owners, employees, agents, designees or other users.
PUBLICATION AND DISTRIBUTION OF CONTENT
Burden to Bear does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, quality or appropriateness of any Content transmitted to or through the Service. You acknowledge that Burden to Bear simply acts as a passive conduit and an interactive computer service provider for the publication and distribution of Content and for the publication and distribution of any content posted by Service Providers in response to Content (“Service Provider Content”). You understand that all Content and Service Provider Content posted on, transmitted through or linked through the Service, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. You understand that Burden to Bear does not control, and is not responsible for Content or Service Provider Content made available through the Service, and that by using the Service, You may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, misleading, or offensive. You agree that You must evaluate and make Your own judgment, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content and Service Provider Content.
You further acknowledge that Burden to Bear has no obligation to screen, preview, monitor or approve any Content or Service Provider Content, or Content posted or submitted by any other Burden to Bear member or any Service Provider. However, Burden to Bear reserves the right to review and delete any Content that, in its sole judgment, violates the terms and conditions of this Agreement. By using the Service, You agree that it is solely YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to evaluate Your risks to bear associated with the use, accuracy, usefulness, completeness or appropriateness of any Content that You submit, receive, access, transmit or otherwise convey through the Service. Under no circumstances will Burden to Bear be liable in any way for any Content or Service Provider Content, including, but not limited to, any Content or Service Provider Content that contains any errors, omissions, defamatory statements, or confidential or private information (including, but not limited to, health information) or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content or Service Provider Content submitted, accessed, transmitted or otherwise conveyed via the Service. You waive the right to bring or assert any claim against Burden to Bear relating to Content or Service Provider Content, and release Burden to Bear from any and all liability for or relating to any Content or Service Provider Content.
You agree that Burden to Bear may establish general practices, policies and limits, which may or may not be published, concerning the use of the Sites and Services, including without limitation, the time that reviews and ratings will be retained, the maximum number of reviews and ratings that may be sent from an account, the length of reviews and ratings sent, and the maximum number of times and the maximum duration for which you may access the Sites and Services in a given period of time. You agree that Burden to Bear has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any Content or other materials maintained or transmitted by or through the Sites and Services. You agree that Burden to Bear has the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, with or without notice.
Burden to Bear does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any Content, data, advertising, products, goods or services available or unavailable from, or through, any third party or Service Provider (which includes, but is not limited to, health care and wellness providers). You agree that should you use or rely on such Content, data, advertisement, products, goods or services, available or unavailable from, or through any third party or Service Provider (which includes, but is not limited to, health care and wellness providers), Burden to Bear is not responsible or liable, indirectly or directly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with such use or reliance. Your dealings with, or participation in promotions of any Service Provider (which includes, but is not limited to, health care and wellness providers), and any other terms, conditions, representations or warranties associated with such dealings, are between you and such Service Provider (which includes, but is not limited to, health care and wellness providers) exclusively and do not involve Burden to Bear. You should make whatever investigation or other resources that you deem necessary or appropriate before hiring or engaging Service Providers (which includes, but is not limited to, health care and wellness providers).
Third parties and Service Providers may link or otherwise direct Internet users to our Sites and Services for the purpose of utilizing one or more of the services we provide on behalf of others. Additionally, we may provide links or otherwise direct you to third party or Service Provider websites. Burden to Bear does not control or operate any such third party or Service Provider websites. Any information you provide to these third party or Service Provider websites while on these third party or Service Provider websites is subject to the respective policies of those third parties or Service Providers, and not Burden to Bear’s policies. It is your responsibility to review such third party or Service Provider policies, including any relevant privacy policies. You agree that Burden to Bear will not be responsible or liable for, and does not endorse any content, advertising, goods or services provided on or through these outside websites or for your use or inability to use such websites. Burden to Bear does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (including, without limitation, credit card and other personal information) you might be requested to give to any third party or Service Provider sites. You use these third party or Service Provider websites at your own risk.
You agree that Burden to Bear is not responsible for the accessibility or unavailability of any Service Provider (which includes, but is not limited to, health care and wellness providers) or for your interactions and dealings with them, waive the right to bring or assert any claim against Burden to Bear relating to any interactions or dealings with any Service Provider (which includes, but is not limited to, health care and wellness providers), and release Burden to Bear from any and all liability for or relating to any interactions or dealings with Service Providers (which includes, but is not limited to, health care and wellness providers).
Without limiting the foregoing, your correspondence or business dealings with, consumption of products or services of, or participation in promotions of, third parties or Service Providers found on or through the use of the Sites and Services, including payment for and delivery or fulfillment of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such third party. You agree that Burden to Bear shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such third parties or Service Providers on the Burden to Near Sites and Services.
NOTICE FOR CALIFORNIA USERS
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California web users are entitled to the following specific consumer rights notice: The Services are provided by Burden to Bear, 1030 E. Washington St., Indianapolis, Indiana 46202. If You have any questions, concerns, or complaints regarding the Services, please contact Burden to Bear, Inc. by either sending: (i) an email to email@example.com; or (ii) a letter, first class certified mail, to Burden to Bear, P.O. Box 18507, Los Angeles, California 90018, Attn: Customer Service.
Burden to Bear, Inc.
P.O. Box 18507
Los Angeles, CA 90018
Attn: Orlondo Holloway
If You are a copyright or trademark owner (or authorized to act on behalf of the copyright or trademark owner) and believe that Your work’s copyright or trademark has been infringed, please report Your notice of infringement to us by providing our Designated Agent with a written notification of claimed infringement that includes substantially the following:
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- identification of the copyrighted work or trademark claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works or trademarks at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material;
- information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact You, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which You may be contacted;
- a statement that You have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright or trademark owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that You are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Burden to Bear will investigate notices of copyright and trademark infringement and take appropriate actions under the DMCA. Inquiries that do not follow this procedure may not receive a response.
Limitation of liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT BURDEN TO BEAR WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (EVEN IF BURDEN TO BEAR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES) (COLLECTIVELY, “DAMAGES”), RESULTING FROM: (A) THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (B) THE COST OF ANY GOODS AND/OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF THE SERVICE; (C) DISCLOSURE OF, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT; (D) CONTENT YOU SUBMIT, RECEIVE, ACCESS, TRANSMIT OR OTHERWISE CONVEY THROUGH THE SERVICE; (E) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR OTHER THIRD PARTY THROUGH THE SERVICE; (F) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICE; (G) ANY BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT BY BURDEN TO BEAR OR THE FAILURE OF BURDEN TO BEAR TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT OR (H) ANY OTHER DEALINGS OR INTERACTIONS YOU HAVE WITH ANY SERVICE PROVIDERS (OR ANY OF THEIR REPRESENTATIVES OR AGENTS). THESE LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. In some jurisdictions, limitations of liability are not permitted. In such jurisdictions, some of the foregoing limitations may not apply to You.
Notice of Dispute; Negotiation
IF YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH US, YOU MUST SEND WRITTEN NOTICE TO LEGAL DEPARTMENT AT THE ADDRESS ABOVE TO GIVE US THE OPPORTUNITY TO RESOLVE THE DISPUTE INFORMALLY THROUGH NEGOTIATION.
You agree to negotiate resolution of the Dispute in good faith for no less than 60 days after you provide notice of the Dispute. If we do not resolve your Dispute within 60 days from receipt of notice of the Dispute, either party may pursue a claim in arbitration pursuant to the terms of this Section.
If you have any comments or questions regarding these Terms, or wish to report any violation of these Terms of Service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will address any issue to the best of our abilities.